Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NO CHUCK E.

Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese's for our school fundraiser. The girls have been there before, but this was Christopher's first time. Christopher is like most two year old's, he has an attention span of 5 seconds. At least this was the cycle while we were there, 5 seconds next car, 5 seconds next game, "oh I don't think your supposed to be climbing on that." Finally, he just took off running. When I caught up with him he was near the entertainment stage, where the six foot animatronic Chuck E. dwells. Christopher stopped. The mouse's hands moved. Christopher's hand go flying to his mouth with this audible gasp. He slowly crouches down to the floor as not to be seen by the mouse. I go over and pick him up and say, "Look it's Chuck E. Cheese." At that moment the mouses body turns to fully face us. Christopher's hands go up over his eyes and he starts screaming at the top of his lungs. NO! NO! NO! He turns around starts crying and monkey wraps himself around my chest. After that he sat down for 8 minutes to eat his food. We then headed home with Christopher announcing the whole way home,"Chuck E. scarred me." Well so much for Chuck E. Cheese's

7 comments:

Heather said...

I HATE Chucke Cheese. It is an abomination. I am glad you survived to live another day. Yay, i am so glad you are on here. I comment regularly.

Jaime said...

That is so funny! I hate that place too, really don't want to take the kids there!!

Kasey said...

Too funny!

I was meaning to call you all day, but I just got lazy. Sometimes you just gotta be lazy. So, $50/day for the trailer. It has a generator. You guys will need to fill the propane, water, and take care of the pooper afterwards. Sound good?

kristin kempton said...

I was watching for you tonight. You must have gone earlier than us. We got there about 5:30 and I finally convinced the kids it was time to leave about 8:00. They had a great time. Sorry we missed you!

Kristin

karin said...

We have taken the older boys there once almost 2 years ago but every time we drive past it, they want to go. Our Chuck E Cheese's didn't have the characters dressed up when we were there, or else I don't think they would be so eager to go back.

Pugslvr said...

Do you guys have John's Incredible Pizza out there? We have it here and it's like Chucke Cheese but way better, we love it.

Jade said...

I soooooo love it!! I have at least one that would react that way!! Too fun!!